Apply to join our Emerging Artists Programme!
Posted: 13th October 2020
*** DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS EXTENDED! We will now be accepting applications on a rolling basis ***
We’re looking for 10 Emerging Artists between the ages of 16-25 to join a FREE, year-long programme of music, personal and career development worth £1,200!
A previous participant of the programme said:
“I just wanna say a massive thank you to Pie Factory Music and the [Emerging Artists] programme, it has honestly changed me as a musician, business and most importantly, as a person. All the stuff I’ve learnt and all the stuff I’ve seen and done has opened my mind so much… Setting up shows, learning the ins and outs of the music business. It has really changed me as a person. It’s bettered my wellbeing, made me happier and given me confidence. I’m ready to go out and make it as a musician!”
Over the course of a year you will:
- Be matched with an expert mentor from the creative industries who help you identify and work towards your career goals
- Produce 2 live music events for young people held at music venues in Thanet
- Attend 2 masterclasses from professionals and creatives in the music industry
- Have dedicated time in our rehearsal room and studio creating your own original music
- Work towards achieving an accreditation documenting and celebrating your journey on the programme
- Attend regular planning sessions in the run-up to live music events; attend sessions with fellow Emerging Artists
What we ask of you:
- COMMITMENT – if you are selected to join the programme you must turn up on time, be dependable and reliable at events, and commit to documenting your journey as part of your accreditation.
- MOTIVATION – we want you to bring your passion, creativity and ambition to the programme, but you will also need to listen, take advice from our leaders and mentors on board, and be willing to learn and grow.
- ADVOCACY – you are part of the Pie Factory Music family now! Shout loud and be proud about being an Emerging Artist, and be an inspiring ambassador for our young people and our organisation.
How to apply:
Send us a cover letter of around 500 words, or a video of you talking for around 2 minutes, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Your age, email address, and mobile phone number
- Where you live
- What kind of musician you are, who your influences are, and what area of the music industry you are most interested in
- The one goal that you think being part of the Emerging Artists Programme will help you to achieve (for example, creating and publishing an EP of your original music)
- An example of how you have worked collaboratively or been part of a team in the past, and what you achieved working together